Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visiting Seniors Reflection & EE Assignment

Please take a few moments to reflect on the visit by Seniors. What is the ONE PIECE OF ADVICE that you took away from their presentation? What can you do to follow that advice? What might keep you from following the advice?

The presentation wasn't all that surprising to me because I've heard pretty much everything they said before... All the kids in the IB program say do your work on time and just try to find ways to relax. Unfortunately, I am not a good stress-handler at all so those tricks don't usually help me too much, especially in being able to get focused again after taking a break and relaxing. I think I'm too burnt out most of the time to really focus on much, after a full day of school, etc.
The one piece of advice that really got drilled into me from their presentation was to NOT PROCRASTINATE and to just buckle down and do the work on time, following the schedule that the teachers have set to help you. To follow this advice I could waste less time at home talking and whatever else in order to actually get work done... But like I said before, what keeps me from following this advice, even though I give it to myself all the time and convince myself that I will do the work ON TIME, is my stressed nature, already burnt-out ness and inability to focus on schoolwork for more than a bit at a time, and the other activities such as church and homelife that always seem to suck up my time...

No comments: